- Proust and the Squid: The Story and Science of the Reading Brain, from 2007, by Maryanne Wolf, the director of the Center for Reading and Language Research at Tufts University, that offers a scientific/evolutionary perspective on the condition
- In the Mind’s Eye: Creative Visual Thinkers, Gifted Dyslexics, and the Rise of Visual Technologies, second edition 2009, by Thomas West
- The Human Side of Dyslexia: 142 Interviews with Real People Telling Real Stories, 2001, by Shirley Kurnoff, on the less-than-bright side of dyslexia
- My Dyslexia, 2011, a personal account by Pulitzer-prize-winning poet Philip Schultz.
- Broaden perspectives of response to intervention
- Provide frameworks for contextualizing the work in classrooms and schoolwide
- Generally enhance practices.
THE DANA FOUNDATION has published "Brain Imaging Technologies and Their Application to Neuroscience" for all of you neuroscience mavens. Need to know more about past and current imaging technologies? Find the 45-page PDF.